The U.S. men’s national team will not only move to first place in its Concacaf Nations League group with three points at Grenada on Friday, but also clinch a berth into the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup in the process (8 p.m. ET, Paramount+).
Anthony Hudson’s squad sits second in Group D of League A in the tournament with four points earned through two matches played. The USMNT defeated Grenada 5-0 in Austin last June, with Jesus Ferreira scoring four goals and Paul Arriola scoring once.
Several USMNT starters are back in the squad this spring with Christian Pulisic, Weston McKennie, Matt Turner, and Antonee Robinson all set for starts Friday night. World Cup absences Ricardo Pepi, Daryl Dike, and Zack Steffen are also in the squad and will be fighting to start for the Americans as well.
Grenada is all but guaranteed a third-place finish regardless of Friday’s result, but will be fighting to give its home fans something to cheer about. The Spice Boys are 0-0-4 all time against the USMNT in all competitions.
SBI will be providing coverage of the Concacaf clash throughout the night so be sure to stay tuned as we provide updates, and analysis before, during and after the match.
Here is a rundown of SBI’s pre-match coverage:
- The USMNT is continuing to echo its Concacaf Nations League goals of repeating as tournament champions ahead of Friday’s showdown with Grenada. (LINK)
- Miles Robinson is using his World Cup absence as motivation with the USMNT this window. (LINK)
- USMNT goalkeeper Matt Turner believes the program “would be grateful” to have Folarin Balogun in the squad. (LINK)
- Daryl Dike is ready to ride his strong West Brom form of 2023 into his latest USMNT opportunity. (LINK)
- Alex Zendejas is focused on his USMNT future following his international commitment to the program. (LINK)
SBI’s editorial staff will provide insight and analysis throughout the night in the comments section below. You are welcome to share your own pre-game and in-game thoughts and opinions as well.
Enjoy the action.