Tottenham have said they are "urgently seeking further clarification" from FIFA after their managing director of football Fabio Paratici had his ban extended worldwide on Wednesday.
FIFA announced earlier that it had extended bans imposed on past and present Juventus officials, including Paratici, to apply globally.
In January, Serie A's Juventus were deducted 15 points for the season by an Italian football court investigating the club's transfer dealings and finances.
- Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (U.S.)
- Olley: The inside story of Conte's exit from Tottenham
The court also imposed bans from holding office in Italian football on a number of the club's officials.
These included a 30-month ban for former sports director, Paratici, who joined Spurs in 2021 following an 11-year stint at Juventus.
"Following media reports today regarding the FIFA Disciplinary Committee decision to extend worldwide the sanction imposed by the FIGC Federal Court of Appeals on Fabio Paratici on 20 January 2023, the Club made urgent enquiries to FIFA," Tottenham said in a statement.
"FIFA has late this afternoon responded to us in writing notifying us today, Wednesday 29 March 2023, that a decision has been made by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee to extend the FIGC sanction worldwide.
"This committee deliberation has been taken with no advance notice to any of the parties involved. We are urgently seeking further clarification from FIFA as to the details of the extension and its variance from the FIGC sanction."
Spurs added that when Paratici conducted an interview on club channels on Tuesday, "neither he nor the Club had any indication of this decision being made by FIFA, based on the fact the the FIGC sanction was taken on 20 January 2023 and remains subject to an Appeal on 19 April 2023."
Juventus have denied wrongdoing and said their accounting was in line with industry standards. They have also lodged an appeal against the ruling.
"FIFA can confirm that following a request by the Italian FA (FIGC), the Chairperson of FIFA Disciplinary Committee has decided to extend the sanctions imposed by FIGC on several football officials to have worldwide effect," a FIFA spokesperson told Reuters.
FIFA's decision has left Paratici's future at Spurs in doubt and adds to the uncertainty surrounding the Premier League club, who are searching for a new manager after parting ways with Antonio Conte on Sunday.
Information from Reuters was used in this report.