The 2023 U.S. Open Cup third round draw is set.
Thursday’s draw featured 18 lower-seeded MLS sides entering the competition, joining 30 winners that advanced from this week and next week’s second round results. The third round schedule will take place between April 25-26 and will feature many in-state rivalries.
A former USL rivalry will headline the third round as FC Cincinnati welcomes Louisville City FC to TQL Stadium. It will be the first head-to-head meeting since 2019 between the two clubs.
St. Louis CITY SC will make their tournament debut with a home showdown against last season’s semifinalists Union Omaha. The 2023 MLS expansion side has impressed during the first weeks of the league campaign, winning five of their opening six matches.
San Diego Loyal face a tough trip to Lumen Field to face the Seattle Sounders. The Sounders have hit the ground running in MLS play this year, with Jordan Morris’ eight goals so far playing a key role in their success.
Several MLS clubs will play lower-league opposition as Sporting KC hosts Tulsa Athletic (amateur level) and the San Jose Earthquakes visiting Monterey Bay.
Here’s a full look at the Third Round matchups:
- Monterey Bay vs. San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United vs. Richmond Kickers/Cleveland SC
- Charleston Battery vs. Charlotte Independence
- FC Cincinnati vs. Louisville City FC
- Las Vegas Lights vs. Real Salt Lake
- St. Louis CITY SC vs. Union Omaha
- Birmingham Legion vs. Chicago Fire
- Atlanta United vs. Memphis 901 FC
- Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Houston Dynamo
- Detroit City vs. Minnesota United
- Charlotte FC vs. Tormenta FC
- New Mexico United vs. Phoenix Rising FC
- Colorado Rapids vs. Northern Colorado Hailstorm FC
- Columbus Crew vs. Indy Eleven
- Sporting KC vs. Tulsa Athletic
- Portland Thorns vs. Orange County SC
- Pittsburgh Riverhounds vs. Maryland Bobcats
- New England Revolution vs. Hartford Athletic
- Seattle Sounders vs. San Diego Loyal
- Miami FC vs. Inter Miami
- Nashville SC vs. San Antonio FC
- Sacramento Republic FC vs. Oakland Roots
- Loudoun United vs. Flower City Union