Arsenal will reportedly launch a move for Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mykhaylo Mudryk in January, with his price now said to be more negotiable than the initial demand of €100million.
The 21-year-old has been a revelation this season for the Ukrainian club, announcing his arrival with a goal and two assists in a 4-1 win against RB Leipzig to kick off his side’s Champions League campaign.
He scored both home and away against Celtic, while also racking up seven goals and six assists in 12 league fixtures, emerging as one of the most talented young forwards outside of Europe’s big five competitions.
Earlier reports had claimed Shakhtar would hold out for a fee matching what Manchester United paid for Antony, but new information states that is no longer believed to be the case.
TOP STORY – ARSENAL PLOT JANUARY MOVE FOR UKRAINIAN SENSATION
According to The Athletic, there is a “good chance” Mudryk’s move to Arsenal will materialise, with the publication claiming he is “determined to make the Emirates Stadium his destination”.
The report says Arsenal will investigate what other deals they could potentially accomplish for a similar fee, but that “interested parties are of the understanding that a lower fee [than the initial €100m demand] would be deemed acceptable”.
Adding fuel to the fire is the belief that the Kroenke family are willing to throw their trust into Edu and Mikel Arteta’s decisions amid an unexpected Premier League title challenge, increasing the chance of such a significant January investment.
– Marca is reporting Arsenal have become the favourites to land 23-year-old Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix in January, providing further indication the Gunners plan on making a splash in the upcoming transfer window.
– According to Sky Sports Germany’s Florian Plettenberg, Milan rejected a €70m bid from Chelsea for Rafael Leao, and are holding firm on his €150m release clause with just over 18 months remaining on his contract.
– La Capital is reporting Liverpool have signed a pre-agreement for 21-year-old Benfica midfielder Enzo Fernandez, who is believed to be valued at €100m.
– Paris Saint-Germain are interested in signing 25-year-old Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele, per El Nacional.
– Foot Mercato claims Manchester City have joined Manchester United and Chelsea in the pursuit of 20-year-old Croatia and RB Leipzig centre-back Josko Gvardiol.