Premier League leaders Arsenal appear destined to miss out on their long-term target Mykhaylo Mudryk.
The Gunners had reportedly made several bids for the Shakhtar Donetsk winger, but he now seems set to join Chelsea after they began talks on a fee with the Ukrainian club.
As a result, Arsenal will need to turn their attention elsewhere during the January transfer window to bolster their squad.
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC)
TOP STORY – GUNNERS SWITCH ATTENTION TO BARCELONA’S RAPHINHA
Arsenal have turned to Barcelona’s Brazilian winger Raphinha having missed out on Mudryk, claims Sportitalia.
The former Leeds United winger only joined Barcelona in July on a five-year contract, but has made only 12 starts from 22 overall appearances for the Blaugrana.
The Gunners hope that Raphinha would be a suitable candidate to return to England, given his previous Premier League experience.
– Fabrizio Romano claims Mykhaylo Mudryk will be at Stamford Bridge for Chelsea‘s game with Crystal Palace on Sunday after medical tests, having signed pre-contracts on a move to the Blues from Shakhtar Donetsk, warding off Arsenal‘s interest.
– Chelsea have also lodged a €30million (£26.5m) offer for PSV winger Noni Madueke, according to ESPN. The 20-year-old England youth international moved to the Eredivisie from Tottenham in 2018.
– Crystal Palace are set to launch a new bid to sign Conor Gallagher from Chelsea, claims The Sun on Sunday. Gallagher enjoyed a bright loan spell at Selhurst Park last season and has fallen down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge.
– Memphis Depay will exit Barcelona in January, according to Fabrizio Romano. Talks are ongoing with Atletico Madrid, whom the Dutchman is open to joining.
– Tottenham are readying a £20m (€22.5m) move for Bayer Leverkusen’s Ecuadorian defender Piero Hincapie, reports The Sun on Sunday.
– football Insider has suggested that Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita will leave the club on a free transfer when his contract expires at the end of this season.