Leaders Arsenal will continue their battle for the title and the scrap to avoid a relegation fight will restart when the Premier League resumes on Boxing Day.
Over six weeks since the last top-flight game was played before a break for the World Cup, the action gets under way again to serve up a post-Christmas treat.
Arsenal hold a five-point lead over Manchester City at the summit and face a derby at home to West Ham in their first game back, with the champions having to wait until they travel to Leeds United two days later for their next test.
Newcastle United could move up to second with a win at Leicester City on Boxing Day, when Liverpool travel to Aston Villa and Tottenham face a derby at Brentford.
Warm up for a feast of festive football by taking on our Opta-powered quiz. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. Which West Ham player was sent off when they lost 2-0 at Arsenal last season?
2. James Milner has played 14 Premier League matches on Boxing Day. Which former England midfielders are the only players to have featured in more on the day after Christmas?
3. Which Leeds player has the highest expected goals total of any player yet to score in the Premier League this season?
4. Leicester’s clash with Newcastle will be Brendan Rodgers’ 300th Premier League game in charge. Who is the only other Northern Irishman to reach that landmark?
5. Harry Kane shares the record for the most Premier League goals scored on Boxing Day. Which former Liverpool striker also struck nine times on Boxing Day?
1. Vladimir Coufal
2. Gareth Barry (18) and Frank Lampard (17)
3. Patrick Bamford (4.1)
4. Martin O’Neill (359)
5. Robbie Fowler